The way I see it, there is an intangible, undefinable meta-space where love for art, principles of open source sharing, and technical geekery come together in harmony. This space spans many websites and continents, and is called “The Blender Community”.
I hope for a future in which open source software is embraced more closely by pro industries, and where the community more enthusiastically supports the developers who author the software (be it monetarily, by content creation, by offering support to fellow users, or by whatever means they can).
Don’t ever take for granted this very special software and community. When we share knowledge we all grow collectively stronger. And we are all still students who can learn something new. Together, just maybe, we can hammer out the fireflies and bad topology of the world.
- Blender 15.5k 15.5k 44 gold badges5959 silver badges125125 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 1414 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Graphic Design 1.1k 1.1k 1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Arqade 663 663 55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Ask Different 626 626 22 gold badges1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 76 How to make rig that reacts to gravity or seem to behave physically correct?
- 50 What is wrong with Comic Sans?
- 44 How to Construct a Diamond or Other Gemstone Material in Cycles
- 39 How could I model a realistic broken pillar (concrete)?
- 37 How to give an image or video a TV screen effect?
- 37 Is there really a way to make a true toon shader material in Cycles?
- 32 IE11 CSS alternative to "unset"
- View more network posts →