Contest: Imaginary worlds
This is your opportunity to depart from reality a little. The goal of this competition is to spark your imagination and creativity, and to be a fun departure from more 'serious' works.
Objective: Create an imaginary world using non-photorealistic rendering techniques
You can use any method you want (i.e. Freestyle, Low-Poly, Texture Paint, etc.), as long as you use Blender for all modelling and rendering. Both Blender Internal and Cycles render engines may be used. Minor post processing in 2D photo editing programs is permitted.
- Only new and original work.
- Blender only, non commercial add-ons are allowed.
- Keep it nice, nothing you wouldn't want to show to a five year old.
- If any doubt is raised about the validity of your entry, you will be required to show a .blend file, so we can be sure it is yours (use pasteall.org). Otherwise your entry will be disqualified.
- The competition runs for approximately 1 week, you can edit/change your submission at anytime
Late entries will be disqualified
Only one entry per person (Multiple images of the same entry are allowed)
Downvotes will not be considered when picking the winner
(Going beyond the simple visual appeal)
- Creative: Shows thought and artistry
- Appealing, good story-telling
- Artistically carried out, high quality result
- Meets objective, not missing anything
- No rules were broken
- Artistically sound:
- Good composition
- Good use of color
- Solid design
- Well Executed
- Technically impressive
- Quality of execution meets artistic goals.
- Judge all included images on all of these points.
Winning criteria: Submission with the most upvotes as of January 23rd 2015 (UTC +0000). The submission must to be posted before the deadline.
Deadline for entries: January 19th 2015 at UTC +0000
Voting ends: January 23rd 2015 at UTC +0000
And most importantly, have fun!
If you have any questions, ask them in the events chat room.
PGMath [4 votes] has won the competition, congratulations!
Notice that changes to the competition structure are under discussion, so new ones may not show up in the near future. Check out the Events chat room to keep up with the discussion.
Also see this proposal on Meta.