3D artists always enjoy rendering impressive, shiny machines, from robots to complex vehicles. But often times they wouldn't work in the real world.
Objective: Create a machine that is mechanically functional.
You can use any method you want, as long as you use Blender for all modelling and rendering. Both Blender Internal and Cycles render engines may be used. Minor post processing in 2D photo editing programs is permitted.
- Only new and original work.
- Blender only, non commercial add-ons are allowed.
- Keep it nice, nothing you wouldn't want to show to a five year old.
- If any doubt is raised about the validity of your entry, you will be required to show a .blend file, so we can be sure it is yours (use pasteall.org). Otherwise your entry will be disqualified.
- The competition runs for approximately 3 weeks, you can edit/change your submission at anytime
Late entries will be disqualified
Only one entry per person (Multiple images of the same entry are allowed)
Downvotes will not be considered when picking the winner
(Going beyond the simple visual appeal)
- Mechanically sound: Would be able to work in the real world.
- Able to achieve any position that is necessary for it to function
- Components look sturdy enough to support the weight/strain their function requires
- Meets objective, not missing anything
- No rules were broken
- Artistically sound:
- Good composition
- Good use of color
- Solid design
- Well Executed
- Technically impressive
- Quality of execution meets artistic goals.
- Judge all included images on all of these points.
Winning criteria: Submission with the most upvotes as of January 9th 2015 (UTC +0000). The submission must to be posted before the deadline.
Competition Ends: January 5th 2015 at UTC +0000
And most importantly, have fun!
- Vince Scalia[3 votes]
If you have any questions, ask them in the events chat room.