Final Version as implemented.
I've gone through the various tags related to 3D Viewport Object Modes and with help, the object-mode and edit-mode tag wiki entries are consistent with each other and with the manual. As of 2.93 there are 7 other modes, and I'd like to propose making tags consistent for each of them. Here's my first take on this. I'd like feedback.
- Sculpt: currently has sculpt with no tag wiki entry. I propose changing that to sculpt-mode if possible and making the entry consistent.
- Vertex-Paint: currently has vertex-paint with no tag wiki entry. I propose changing that to vertex-paint-mode if possible and making the entry consistent.
- Weight paint: currently has no mode tag. I propose adding weight-paint-mode and making the entry consistent.
- Texture paint: currently has textures as a synonym for texturing. I propose adding texture-paint-mode and making the entry consistent.
- Particle edit: currently has no tag. I propose adding particle-edit-mode and making the entry consistent. (Note: particle edit mode is about things like combing hair and isn't a general particle meta topic.)
- Pose: currently has pose-mode. I propose no change, but I've submitted an edit to make the full entry consistent.
- Draw: currently has drawmodes. This one is problematic, because it is being used for a wide range of drawing topic, but draw-mode is specific to grease pencil. I propose adding draw-mode and making the entry consistent. Clarification: As part of the overhaul of Grease Pencil, newer versions of Blender no longer rely on grease pencil tools in other modes but now has a separate mode (that I would have called grease pencil) that the developers decided to call draw mode. This is like Pose mode in that it is specific to one subset of Blender things, in this case Grease Pencil.
By "making the entry consistent" I mean using boilerplate text for both the user guidance and long description, along the lines of
Use this tags for questions about operations performed on objects when they are in MODENAME-mode, rather than any of the other modes, such as edit, sculpt and weight painting.
for the user guidance (replacing 'sculpt' or 'weight painting' in their cases)
[insert the manual entry for MODENAME]
This tag should be used for questions that are specifically about the operations that can be performed on an object when it is in object mode.