Well, we've made it out of the rough, (Private Beta) and are well on our way into the Public Beta gaining more and more users daily. According to the Moderator Pro Tempore, the SE Team will pick up (usually 3) users to become Moderators more or less a week into Public Beta, until we graduate, so I think we can start with nominations. After graduation there will be actual elections where users can nominate and vote.
Please read the following carefully..
As per the blog post, Moderators should:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
You can self-nominate or nominate others. Each nomination should be posted as a separate answer. Link the name to the user’s profile (parent and meta) so everyone can see their activity. Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
If the nomination was posted by a 3rd-party, the nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer, adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally they can write something about themselves.
Candidates will be contacted and three of them will be selected to act as provisional Moderators until the community holds formal elections after the Beta period.